View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's all great.......but...

I love the new Zspeed clutch, CMAK and RJM pedal+Tilton MC.

The engagement and pedal feel are amazing. The Excedy clutch disk is so superior to the OEM LUK garbage.

However.......the lightweight FW is driving me nuts!!!

I do not get the chatter everyone talks about. Its minimal at best. Slight chatter at idle, sounds like shaking a small rice bag.

The noise I do get a a horrendous roar/howl and thumping, firing pulses from the exhaust, at ALL revolutions. The only time it's quiet is in idle and neutral.

I know what you're goign to say: "you have an exhaust leak"

I thought so too. Right at the Left CAT or Mid pipe joints. Because thats where I hear it. On the Left ear.

I had installed new OEM gaskets. They didn't seem to be leaking but I went ahead and installed beafier composite/meatl gaskets. on ALL removed joints. No difference.

I then removed my AAM short tails and re-installed OEM Muffler. . Back-end is quiet now, but still thumping in my Left ear. Nothing changed. Not to mention the growl will always be there.

Is this lightweight Flywheel that problematic? Why do they even market and sell it? (except for track)

Is there another middleweight option thats lighter than stock but provides the sound dampening of the firing pulses and low weight howl?

I'm afraid to upgrade my exhaust, if it's just going to exasperate this problem!

It's that Annoying

Do I need to go back to Dual mass?
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote