View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 01:02 PM   #11446 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I think each manufacturer has vehicles where some are a bit better built than others. Wifey's Kia is 2012 with 115K miles and still kicking strong with original parts. The only issue I have with mine is the backup camera went out.

The engine burning oil is a common issue with Kia's, and I keep a 5-quart jug of oil in the backseat. Each week, I check the oil level and top off (usually an 1/8 of a quart that I put in to get right at the "F" mark on the dipstick).

On a side note, I've heard many stories of about the '09 to '12 Z's burning oil. When I had my '09, the oil level stayed the same between each oil change (I checked this weekly also) and never had to top off. Same with my '13.
My problem is while I agree with dealer on age, I don’t see how that affects the mileage. They’ve been giving everyone free engines under warrantee but refuse to do anything for a car with 46,000 miles on it.