View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure others will attest - you can search throughout the forum and see videos or links to videos as far as sound of exhaust setups etc. Personally - I like the setup - Motordyne was 2nd on my list since I do prefer Fast Intentions a little more and that is what I winded up going with.

My setup is pretty much Z1 CAI, Fast Intentions HFCs and then a Fast Intensions CBE.
I winded up getting my car tuned with Jotech since they were local - and it was able to produce 319WHP.

As for passing emissions - typically (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) - the tune will take care of it - but that is something you might want to ask your tuner before adding some parts. I can't see a CAI and a CBE not allowing you to pass your inspection - but then again I live in TX but from what I understand - the tune is what will make sure that you pass.

From a tuning perspective - a lot of people on the forum will suggest going with Seb if you are doing remote and a couple of others as well. For me - Jotech was local and they had really good reviews so I winded up going with them, since they were doing the HFC install as well. My only regret was probably doing an Uprev tune vs ECUTech but since i'm not FI - it probably doesn't really matter much.

Anyway - good luck and my suggestion - is just go down the rabbit hole of the forum. Most if not ALL your questions will/can be answered by previous posts. This platform is really old - 14yrs as a whole so there has been a lot of knowledge shared over the years that still holds true today. Since the search feature is kinda bad (at least in my experience) - what I typically do is go to Google and start my search with:

the370z: 'what I am asking google to search for'

- this typically will bring up all the forum threads from people having the same question.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote