View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cement
Base Member

Drives: E46
Cement is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by INV_MY_370 View Post
What OS are u running on the PI . I have seen builds of dietpi(linux) with custom dash setups. But didnt know if the Can was intergrated easly, using bluetooth obd2? I would think it might be more universal with a android build. Could even setup torque very easy then. And could even run somthing more powerfull then a Pi, and even cheeper like a old android phone lying around. One that can do video out OTG type-c.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I've actually just switched to an Orange Pi 5 as the Raspberry was too slow. The extra processing power and NVMe storage makes it so much better ... running Ubuntu on it (provided by Orange Pi).

The CAN is being dealt with via an Arduino which is wired in (drives my dash board, radiator fan etc) and am sending data to the Orange Pi as MQTT messages over ethernet. I would stay away from bluetooth dongles etc for this sort of setup where reliability is key.

I like the flexibility Grafana provides, you can make really cool looking and functional dashboards. Check the proper build thread I linked above for more recent pics etc
Cement is offline   Reply With Quote