View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 09:31 AM   #928 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I missed some updates, albeit it isn't much.

The car had some oil drain issues with oil dripping around the ORB fitting on the maven mount. Also, the turbo drain line is really difficult to get on and off. After some searching I found that the "Fragola 491930-BL Dart LS Next -10AN Hi-Flow Oil Supply" Fitting. The reason why there was a slight leak was because the drain line wouldn't allow for it to be completely tight, although I thought it was, it was actually hitting the turbo. Additionally, the fittings are not touching the turbo housing which means less heat transfer. Since I was was messing with fittings... I had a small oil seeping issue on the ORB top fitting of the clearview so I went ahead and replaced both of them.

NO MORE LEAKS, PLEASE.

After that the car was lightly cleaned up and pushed (no tune to drive) to the other side of the shop for wiring (which you know I'm waiting on).

While in the pattern of waiting I decided to shift gears and order Varis side skirts. There was an option for carbon fiber side blade attachment but I really didn't see the point, (it's 600 more). I figure I can do a wet layup on the side blade for the look and then color match the turbo/brake with a pin stripe going down the edge. I've been thinking about these side skirts for years, infact... I believe I posted it in this thread way back.

Lastly, I've been talking to Betty, Spooler, Rusty, Redondoaveb... and a few others outside of here about options for a rear diff. Looks like over the winter I will put in an OS Gilken. That will be used until I can afford the complete Winters Quick Change components. I'm stepping up the rear diff to the OSG due to safety concerns due to how the VLSD reacts under power.... aka the threat of death.

One last note about the Clearview Filter... I was able to hit it with air to push all the oil back into the car. Pretty awesome having the option to see the oil and push the oil back for oil changes.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote