View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 08:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Had a track day with passengers allowed where my wife kept swearing her M3 felt way more stable under braking. (She has CP9660 brakes on the front of her car fwiw) I've been writing it off to her MK60 ABS just being much more amazing than Nissan's, and I still believe it to be, but realized the car could probably benefit from more front bias, so that I'm not relying so much on ABS keeping the rear end behind me.

Will be switching to R16 fronts next year, whenever these pads finally wear through. I'm on 7 or 8 days, all at Blackhawk Farms and Road America, and they still have plenty of life left. Logging -1.15-1.2 G's for brake forces based off the Catalyst app, but getting about 0.05 more on lateral grip, so wondering if there's a bit more I could squeeze out with shifting bias.

EDIT:
I ran a price breakdown on my setup, because Essex finally released their kit at $5300, just to make sure this is still competitive. It really is.
The recent change in GBP vs USD has REALLY helped.

Price breakdown if self sourced:
10/19/22

Calipers: $2100
Brackets, lines, bolts and hats: $850
Rings: $900
Bobbins: $125
Total: $4075

My original goal of keeping this in line with Stoptech Trophy kits still stands, and should help justify the jump for someone needing more cooling.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668

Last edited by DarkJak; 10-19-2022 at 12:57 PM.
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote