View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 10:52 AM   #923 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I've been out of town for work last week but in-between the last post and now I've been removing the cubby from the mold and attempting to get my old pan on.

The pan has been quite the pain in the azz getting completed. I learned that there are three different flare options that GM has for their pick up tubes with three different o-rings. The o-ring I put on was from my Sikky pan because I had dropped the black o-ring. Well, here's where it gets interesting, the o-ring is red which indicates a slightly thicker o-ring and when I attempted to put the o-ring on I crushed/cut it going into the pump. Clearly I didn't notice because I had put the car back together and attempted to roll over the engine to check for oil pressure. Thank god I did that AND had a clearview filter because I was able to visually check for pressure. Of course, there was none so I had to brace the top of the engine again and drop the k-member again. The first time I had dropped the k-member I used a shitty transmission jack that loses pressure and bounces. Yeah, not really fun with 300lbs on it (or what ever it is). The second time I made the attempt was with the forklift. That was slightly easier but still a pain in the d!ck.

So that was the fun of doing the k-member twice. I'm ready to focus on something a bit more up lifting... The billet block that adapts to my pan is MINT. The AN fittings are perfect and even better is the fact they can be changed if needed. The AN fittings on the pan previously were out of spec because getting the hose ends onto it was very difficult. In fact, I'm certain that was the root cause of why it was cross threaded.

As it stands right now... I have one more nut to put on the pan. I was exhausted after a along day of work so I called it and left it so I need to put on the oil send/return lines and the last nut.

If anyone is in the market for a Sikky pan, HMU. I'm selling it for 650 (before shipping) and I paid 830 with shipping.

Here's some destruction on a perfectly good custom cubby mount that I paid Jason Gale for:

ROUND 2

ONE RING TO RUIN THEM ALL
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote