View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 08:46 AM   #921 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Had a buddy swing by last night and help pour the mold. Before he got there I was able to get the side wall built out using plastic. I used about 5 sticks of hot glue in the joints and behind the plastic. Filler wax was used to smooth out the transitions between the mold and the plastic. Inspection of the mold was critical to ensure there was no chunks of debris hanging out and no mechanical locks were present. A bit more wax was needed at the top and bottom because we didn't like how the molding material would flow in. I used the air compressor to blow everything off at the end. Lastly, I waxed the mold one last time by hand and sprayed the mold with a heavy duty spray on release wax twice (link below). Just prior to pouring the molding material you could see a thick wax barrier. I suspect the heat of the mold takes it from a solid to more of a grease during the curing process. The spray on wax layed down perfect, it was great!

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/rw4...-release-agent

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote