Thread: Wueros tt build
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 06:25 PM   #132 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuero370z View Post
Some updates on my progress
Had my nismo wheels stolen from storage so I went ahead and purchased some rays wheels. Got them thrown on the the car needed some serious drop for decent fitment so I got BC coilovers for the front and swift springs and SPL buckets for the rear. Car looks and drives amazing now.
Couple weeks after my new wheels and suspension were on, a local race popped up that I attended. I decided the 28” tall tire wouldn’t fit in the front and therefore couldn’t run the slick in the rear so I decided to run at the track with hard street tires. My bracket was 11.5-12.1 so I was confident I could run an 11.5 without slicks. Long story short I broke my trans on my 3rd race that event. 1st and 2nd were completely destroyed and unusable.
I managed to find another trans locally with a bad 5th gear but the guy only wanted $300 for it so I figured I’d throw it in and have a bad 5th gear for awhile. Got that trans thrown in (on my garage floor) after a few days and drove it twice before it got locked in 5th gear. Took the linkage all apart and put it together and it didn’t help. Trans was no good.
This time I ordered a used trans off Facebook for $1800 shipped. I also decided I needed a new clutch so started hunting for a triple plate. After much searching I was able to find a used OS giken triple disk here on the forum that I snagged along with a rebuild kit not including the pressure plate. Ordered a new HD slave from Zspeed, new trans bushing and all the odds and ends to change your clutch and trans. I even cut off the input shaft from my OEM trans to use as an alignment tool for the clutch. Worked flawlessly.
Now I’m daily driving the OS giken triple. It is race car oriented and you can definitely tell when driving it. It’s finicky and not the easiest to modulate but it bites so well and feels great under high rpm shifts. I have my RJM pedal set to 100% so it helps a lot but dang the clutch comes on/off hard. Working on slipping it but totally new feeling since I came from a much different style clutch. Overall very pleased with the performance and excited to see what it’s like on the track. I think I’m going to switch to a 26” tall slick and that should clear my fenders and everything. Would love to run a 28” in the rear but car goes crazy if the front and rear and different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, happy you got the car up and running. FYI never buy a used transmission for that price ever again. You got busted upside your head, they are only 2100 brand new.

Other note you should maybe look into a t56 magnum swap. Would be worth the money.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote