View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 08:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iammeowwwwww View Post
So I'm also in NorCal and regularly visit Sonoma, Thunderhill and Laguna Seca, I'll actually be back at Laguna in 2 days .
I've noticed that as I've gotten faster, the hobby has gotten more expensive and the car runs hotter. Who would have thought LOL.

My main question for this thread is if it would be best to keep the oil cooling independent from the coolant? While tracking in 107F, My oil temps would get to 260 in 3 hot laps. I start to cool down, peak at my coolant gauge, and it's 1 dot in the red LOL or from it... I don't remember.

Would this be due to the coolant providing additional cooling to the extremely hot oil? Or is the oil being cooled efficiently, and heated up going through the oem cooler, defeating the purpose of the 34 row?

I can't honestly remember the routing. Is it from the pickup>filter>z1 cooler>oem cooler> engine? Or something else?

Just questions for debate. While I agree that it's a pain working with the filter, I don't mind the extra work for additional cooling.
Get rid of the oem oil cooler It's just keeping the oil hot. What ever the coolant temp is. The oil cooler will not cool below that with the oem cooler.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote