View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 07:14 PM   #1826 (permalink)
Cory Gillmore
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sport/Touring MT
Cory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPrelude-370z View Post
You can add me to the victims list. I have a 2015 with 15k on the odometer.

Pretty much the exact same story as everyone else. Luckily, I researched prior to having the dealership do anything (thanks to this forum of course). Long story short, I had Nissan replace the fluid, and bleed the line, which obviously didn’t work. They wanted like $2,500 to replace the usual suspects, and he probably added a bunch of things to inflate the bill. I don’t remember, because I wasn’t even listening at that point. I had no intentions of having them do the work, even if the CSC they were replacing it with was a good part, and not made of plastic.

I went through the Nissan complaints/claims process, to no avail. Has anyone ever won one of those battles, and gotten their bill covered for csc/cmc failure, out of warranty? It looks like no, but figured it’s worth asking. I ended up getting the JWT CSC, and OEM master replaced by a 370z mechanic who knew the problem well. It was 1,170 total ($420 for parts $750 for labor). The car is running great. It feels like I’m learning how to drive stick again, because of how soft the clutch became before failing. I had forgotten how high the engagement point was. Is there any harm to removing the assist spring, that I keep reading about?

Basically Nissan is handing everyone who purchases the Z, a bill for 1-2k, before even driving it home. What makes me sick, is they still use the exact same part to this day. I’m a soured with Nissan for good. I would think it would be less expensive to fix the problem and make whole the people who were screwed, than to lose so many loyal Z enthusiasts. When the next Z comes out, we are all going to be thinking, “Okay, what sh!tty part is going to go bad in this car.” And we will 100% know that Nissan will do whatever is in their power to screw you, instead of help. It’s saddening to me.
Honestly I don't think the problem is as widespread as these forums would lead you to believe. My 09 has 115k on the odo and I think it's just now failing. Or maybe it's the fact the clutch fluid has never been replaced...ever.. This morning when I went out to go to work the clutch pedal kinda had some slack in it, didn't stick but yeah... Either way I'm replacing the clutch, flywheel, slave and master in August. This car has been rock solid to me even with me neglecting certain things, like the clutch fluid.