View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road
Default New Z or TT my 370?

So I've been struggling with this one for a while. I've got an '09 Touring with about 120,000 miles in excellent condition. I've got a number of basic additions (dual exhaust, aluminum flywheel, beaded brake lines, cold air intake, hybrid clutch, oil cooler, clear bra and a few others). I also installed Brainiac tablet setup and my interior is immaculate. I am looking to either switch to the new Z or TT my 370 but after weighing pros/cons I still can't come to a clear decision.

Obviously, one way to look at it would be that I've got a 13 year old car and I should just plunk down for the new one instead of wasting money on a twin turbo setup. I am looking for something CARB legal (I live in CA) and relatively low boost for engine longevity (I would be looking for mid to high 400's). On the other hand, I'm probably looking at 60k or so with the performance trim after tax, title, license, clear bra, increased reg and insurance vs 20k or so for the TT setup. I would certainly be getting more power with the TT than with the new 400hp output and would be going with the FI stage 1 TT.

The thing is, although I have no complaints about the new Z, I really love my current 370. I'm just struggling on whether to drop 20k on a used car that I love for the hp gains or put the money toward the new one. I've taken good care of my interior and have a nice tablet setup so the "get the new one for a better interior" is less impactful for me. The new Z has the factory TT setup but at a significantly lower output so that's a mixed bag as well. I could of course just do neither and ride the current 370 into the sunset in its current condition as well but I have been looking for additional horsepower for quite some time now.

Does anyone have any constructive feedback either way?