View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 03:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcgodsword View Post
I completely agree, which is why I said earlier I'm not rushing to do any of this. This is the first time I've had a car with nice aftermarket options, and it's very interesting to me, but also a little intimidating lol. I'm basically just trying to learn and research as much as I can, so when I do decide to make some upgrades, I know what is good and bad.

As for the exhaust, that's actually a big reason I made this thread. I know the Nismo comes with an "Upgraded exhaust" but I've heard it's only marginally better than the base models' and I figured if it was something I was going to upgrade, then it would have to be more performance driven, the sound is secondary.

At the end of the day, I love this car, just want to show her some love
I have a regular 370z, not the Nismo version and my exhaust was silent. I missed hearing some notes because my previous car was a 595 Abarth, which comes with a great raspy exhaust. I also have strict regulations where I live and without a TÜV or similar certificate, I wouldn't pass inspection.
I settled on an Invidia Gemini V2 exhaust and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. The car is louder, raspier, more throaty, all of those...and YET, it's not droney and you can drive it easy on the highway without feeling annoyed by it. I would absolutely recommend it to everyone.
Regarding performance - I don't know whether I gained anything. I'd say it's a bit livelier now, but it might be a placebo - I didn't dyno it.
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote