Thread: new springs
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
SilverZen
Base Member

Drives: 13' 370z
SilverZen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZontheRocks View Post
There are plenty of people out there that get into a new hobby that have no clue what they don't know. Many starting with zero knowledge. Like me and golf!

Guy bought the car and wants to lower it. Sees that doing so is expensive on an originally priced $30k+ car and asks about the cheap stuff (says he is working with a budget). For all we know, this could be the first car the owner has ever put a modification on.
We gave him a solid answer and hopefully he uses the info to make a good decision. I always suggest those that are budgeting, to budget for longer. If you can save $162 +tax and shipping, what's a few more months to get to $500 or more and get the part that you really want.

I will also add that forums are a pain to search without prior knowledge (might be first forum too!) and many of our most informative threads are buried from years of inactivity. The pinned threads on Lowering Springs (real activity 2013-17) and Suspension adjustments (2009-12) just ain't what they used to be.
Yeah I'm fairly new into the car scene and still learning a few things here and there, and I know buying cheap stuff isn't always the best and I figured it being so cheap that it won't be good in the long run, and don't know much brands out there, so excuse my lack of knowledge and stuff :\ Yeah this is my technically my first car im trying to do stuff with again, after my previous car got totaled. But thanks guys for the advice, I do appreciate input, does help me learn
SilverZen is offline   Reply With Quote