View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #282 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I'm talking about the thinness of the paint, actually. I also have a ClearBra, but what I've noticed (along with many other people on this forum if you take the time to search) is that when an unprotected surface does get a chip, it goes right down to the bare metal. I don't have too many chips thanks to my ClearBra, but where I do have them, every single one goes right down to bare metal. Not all cars are like that. Heck, even my 350 wasn't like that. Neither is my wife's Murano, now that I think about it.

In any case, let's not get too far off topic. All I stated was that most companies will choose the route that yields the greatest profits, and often time that means using or doing what is minimally required. That's just common business practice, especially in the current economic climate of heavy cost-cutting. Trust me, I'm a business analyst at IBM and see it every day. If we provide a customer with more than what's minimally required, we can actually get reprimanded for it because by doing so, we're failing to maximize company profits. (I hate my employer, btw.)
Thin paint is an asset - it weighs less. Look at a ferrari...same deal with what we're seeing with ours relative to orange peel. It's a byproduct of thin paint more than badly applied paint.