View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 03:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi370z View Post
My 370z I just bought has done 135,000kms / 84,000 miles and to my knowledge the transmission fluid has never been changed.

When I had the car inspected by a dealer as part of my pre-purchase inspection, they said the fluid was dark and smelt burnt, so I'd like to replace it.

Do I need to stay with the stock fluid, or are aftermarket options ok?

I can't source the stock Nissan fluid easily in my country, but I do have these options:

Nulon ATF Multi Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid

Penrite ATF LV Automatic Transmission Fluid

Penrite ATF FS MultiVehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid

The alternative is I take it to my local mechanic who charges about $200 USD to do a full transmission flush or closer to $400 USD for a transmission flush AND filter replacement. Dear Americans - keep in mind the rest of the world ain't cheap lol.

What do you recommend?
Easy to do yourself, there’s a few DIY’s on here & you can do a total flush under $100 including a chemical sprayer to fill from bottom

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote