View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #277 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Because on some aspects, the build and material quality of our cars isn't high at all. Look at the quality of our paint. Do you seriously think it's high quality? I think you'll find that most on this forum consider it to be piss poor. Having said that, yes it's possible that ester isn't good for break-in. I don't know enough about conventional oils with ester additives to take a stand one way or the other though. (Here we go with a whole new can of worms! lol )
My paint looks like a gray pane of well polished glass -- no texture or color variations to be found. So yes, I believe it to be of high quality. If paint softness is what you're talking about, I have yet to find any car that effectively avoids rock chips. Every car in my past that put primarily a painted surface forward looked like it had been sandblasted after a year or so.

For the Z, I opted for a clear bra to protect my high quality paint job. It seems to be working.