View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #276 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, been doing some more digging. It looks like Nissan released its ester oil in Sep. of '08. So yes, that does explain the TSB for the G37. Indeed, I also just noticed that the TSB only applies to '08 G37s. It doesn't apply to later model years, so maybe I'm completely wrong on this and they are using the stuff as factory-fill after all. It'd be great if they are. I wish there were a way to know for sure though. Actually, I know a certain someone who works for Nissan Corporate who might stand a chance of finding a definitive answer for us. I'll PM him and update this thread if and when I get a response.