View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #155 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Things are progressing ......... I had a major epiphany at the very end of 2019 when I purchased a part built car to avoid chopping up my daily - it looked great on initial inspection but when we got it on the hoist at home, a few things became apparent like the cage needed a re-do, fuel system did not meet 2020 reg's, seat mounts needed a re-do for national competition, as did the cage.

Cage has been upgraded to full-national FIA-spec and chassis is now fully done, rear aero mounts are done (full diffuser) and wing test fitted.

Gearbox is in, exhaust fab is close. Gearbox and diff coolers mounted as is the diff circulation pump.

Fuel tanks mounted (65 litres under the body in the OEM location and another 45 litres in a supplementary tank in the boot (I need 1-hour endurance for our state sportscar championship final). Fuel plumbing is close - engine bay is done,. need to plumb the filler and gravity feed from secondary to main tank.

Dry-sump tank mounted and all oil plumbing lines fitted to the engine bay bulk head. About to dummy mount the dry-sump pump to the engine and run the engine bay oil-lines to the oil cooler and back to the bulkhead.

Engine bay wiring sorted, M150 and CDL dash mounted, did not go as far as a PDM - still using fuses and relays. About to configure the dash this/next weekend.

Switch panel fabricated and the cabin wiring will be done by the end of the month.

The car has a dunger engine in it at present, the fat engine is built and will go into the car as soon as we get all the fab work, wiring and Motec confg done. We run the car on the dunger engine once and then put the fat engine in it, run it on the dyno and go racing.

Rusty is correct, our state is in Lockdown 6.0. We've spent ~240 days in lockdown since end of Feb '20. Some of that was necessary but not all of it.

We've not had any motorsport since April and we might be lucky if restrictions are raised when we get to 80% of the population double-jabbed sometime in October at which time things will accelerate. It's been tough getting stuff done with all the isolation cr4p stuff that has happened.

Last edited by BGTV8; 09-07-2021 at 04:41 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote