View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 05:54 PM   #546 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVerge5363 View Post
So I got the 9lb pulley on with the roller back in the right spot, replaced the OEM tensioner and installed the new belts. No evidence of anymore belt slippage but still only getting about 10 psi of boost. Did a boost leak test and found a few loose clamps that were losing a little air. Tightened all of those. The only other leak I found was at the Mass air flow sensor. Extremely slight leak due to a stripped bolt. Will have that taken care of once I get it back to RT Tuning. At this point I'm wondering if it needs a new tune due to the pulley change. Any advice always appreciated.
I would for sure get a retune with a pulley change, you'll be making more boost earlier in the rpm range and also more boost overall, throwing everything off. Fix all the air leaks before really concerning yourself with boost numbers. Also, try a pull with that prefilter off just out of curiosity, I've heard those can be hit or miss. For reference I make 15psi with that tiny k&n motorcycle filter.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote