View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Tested this setup at the track yesterday.
Conclusion: Success!

25 minute sessions at Blackhawk Farms. With passengers on every session (125-200 lbs). Full interior car with aero and SC3 tires, 3350 lbs or so. Was running within a second of my PB on the track and in the fastest run group with other aero'd out cars, so practically every lap was full pace.

Front rotors never got above 650F, with almost all full pace, zero traffic laps. On this track, my old Wilwood 72 vane rotors would usually be above 800F , and my Z1s over 900. Stock rotors, when I ran them once, was over 950F. All taken right after the outlaps. Except other rotors had sessions that were over 50% traffic and cool down type driving.

Hats were at 300F at the bobbin mounting points. I'm now 100% confident in hardware holding up to abuse.

Pad wear was around 2mm by eye. I'll be measuring later, but will last me many more events. Hoping close to 10 days. In comparison, my stock Akebono pads burned through in under 2 events.

Rotors looked pretty new after, unlike my Wilwood setup that showed "smearing" around the vanes, like the metal was being scraped away. I expect these to at least last as long but realistically should last longer.

Calipers performed amazingly well. Zero pad knockback and entirely consistent the whole way through. No mushiness over a session like I had with my Akebonos. Not having knockback helped a ton with confidence going into the corner. ABS was happy.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote