Thread: Tires for rain
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
djburke87
Base Member

Drives: 2018 370z Nismo
djburke87 is on a distinguished road
Default Tires for rain

Hey Z nerds, so I have an issue with my current set up. My issue is that every time it rains (fairly often), I have to slow way down because I start to hydroplane way too easy. I'm talking 40MPH in a 55MPH. It's starting to get annoying. Yes, I could only drive on sunny days, but sometimes you get stuck in the rain, and I'm not going to check the weather every time I go somewhere.

My current set up is stock GTR wheels (20x9.5 front / 20x10.5 rear) and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires (255/35ZR-20 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ Front / 285/30ZR-20 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ Rear). I have about 10,000 miles on the front tires and 3,000 miles on the rear tires. They both have about the same amount of tread. I do not think the tread wear is the problem. If it is, I need something that lasts more than 3,000 miles.

I am open to buying new wheels and/or tires. I want to know if anyone has recommendations size wise for both wheels and tires.

I live in the mountains of Virginia, so I get all 4 seasons. I want a year around setup that is good from dry to wet. I do not plan on driving in snow at all, but I do drive in the cold. I really just want a set up where I feel confident driving in the rain without having to worry about hydroplaning!

I have a 2018 Nismo, so the wheels would have to clear the brakes.

Thanks!

Last edited by djburke87; 08-09-2021 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Added some info
djburke87 is offline   Reply With Quote