View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 05:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
oldskoolchuk
Base Member

Drives: Boosted '13 Nismo
oldskoolchuk is on a distinguished road

I really value all the input. Right now I'm at the boosted stock block on E85 point, and I would like to set myself apart from that. A Mazworks built motor is definitely going to give me more reliability than a stock motor, and it'll set me apart from that, which is part of why I want to go built block... I don't wanna be "just another boosted stock block on E85" guy. Not that 600whp is run of the mill... but getting to the point where I'm pushing past the fully built Golfs... or STIs... being a cut above them is kinda where I want to be. Super thankful that my eyes are open to all of the **** necessary to hit 850-900 now, but also looking for what point to aim for that's not going to require things like replacing sub frames and BMW trans swaps. I'm also, like Spooler, not going to be racing at dragstrips, nor from digs... that's not what I enjoy... but I'd sure love to catch back up with that blue supercharged coyote mustang and pull on him instead of watching him pull on me again.

Before fixing the deleted pcv and seeing all the blue smoke that resulted, I was entertaining the idea of a sequential to stay in boost through shifts. Perhaps going back to that line of thinking may be worth considering. I was just starting to research them... and they are.pricey... but would I be wiser to stay with a stock block and get a sequential given my goals? The thing that was bothering me is they don't seem to offer much longevity.

Last edited by oldskoolchuk; 08-04-2021 at 05:10 PM.
oldskoolchuk is offline   Reply With Quote