View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #62 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

SteveVQ - I've been wrestling a LS swap for a while now. Once you start cracking the engine open and buying performance parts, it's not cheap like Spooler said. You're welcome to pick my brain, I'm an open book.

If you're planning on getting a Used Gen4 low miles, gapping the rings, CAM, melling pump trunion, swap kit, wiring specialties (BCM to Stock PCM for stock gauges), intake and running a large single turbo... I think you can get it done for about 20k. That's you doing all the work. If you are REALLY serious, I will help you work out pricing (you will need to do some leg work too). Also, take a look at my build thread. There are plenty of do's and dont's in there.

I will say this... The kits out there now will speed everything up for you vs my slow snail path. There were literally no kits when I started. Use ONE swap kit only, don't mix and match because they are designed to work as one unit.

Now keep in mind that doesn't really go down the supporting mods your car will need. 900+ HP on the car seems to be a turning point for sh1t that you will break (from what I've seen).

I'm not trying to discourage anyone either. I just want your eyes to be open to the fact it's not different than spending 20k with Fast Intentions.

Actually there is a difference... F.I. has been designed to work with all your factory components. You WILL be mad as he11 with your car occasionally doing an LS swap (or any swap)... that's the nature of the beast.

Take a spin through my build. I have tried to take meticulous notes. Hopefully you will find inspiration if you go down that path.

Mr. G. Brettin's Slow Motion Leg Hump

Hopefully that is helpful.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote