View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 08:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I got 2nd draft brackets in today and measurements are good, so I'm working on finalizing the brackets for production next (and coughing up money o_o)

Right now, I can get everything made in 6061 aluminum at the $800 price , but would have to add $100 to have the brackets made in 7075 aluminum. It all feels like overkill, but I myself kind of want 7075 just to know it's that much stiffer and stronger.
Would anyone prefer the lower price point and 6061?
Thanks

EDIT:
Have heard that 7075 may be better for the hats and 6061 for the brackets. Finalizing this over the weekend.
Imo, go 7075 if you can. 7075 has good “memory” properties, if it deflects, it will always return to its original shape theoretically an infinite # of times. 7075 is the go to for hd tie rods in the Jeep world cause you can brash the **** outta them and they always return to straight. Tech came outta the king of the hammers racing teams. 6061 will eventually crack where 7075 will just deflect and bounce back. Seen it on Jeep control arms made outta 6061 that sheared in two. Another good metal with flex and strength would be heat treated 4130 cromoly, but the aluminum will b lighter all other things being equal.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote