View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
ShadowJester6
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z NISMO - MT
ShadowJester6 is on a distinguished road

Any time I hear about limp mode/loss of power problems, I have flashbacks. I was having limp mode problems a couple years ago. Car would go into limp randomly. Sometimes it would run fine for days and sometimes would happen three minutes after starting the car. The only thing that seemed to temporarily fix the problem was let it sit overnight, disconnect battery for awhile, or use an app to clear any CELs (sometimes there were some, sometimes there weren't). All options inconvenient. As before, it would go back into limp after un undetermined time for undetermined reasons. Of all the things it could have/should have been, and all the things I tinkered with or swapped, it turned out to be the throttle bodies. I took them off and they looked spotless, but I hit them with some throttle body cleaner anyways and put them back on and now years later haven't had the problem come back once. Can't say if it will help your problem, but a couple dollars for a can of cleaner and 10 minutes of work won't hurt anything.
ShadowJester6 is offline   Reply With Quote