View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #524 (permalink)
JVerge5363
Base Member

Drives: 12' Roadster Sport M
JVerge5363 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
Yeah that's a TON of belt slip, especially considering you have that better tensioner position than I think most of us have.

I thought the ACE kit came with RPM belts but both of yours appears to be the non-RPM version. Did they downgrade the belts when they changed them or you have always had the non-RPM version?

Edit: I just noticed the tensioner is in a different spot between the two pictures, why is that? What's the difference between the first and second pictures?
Great catch about the location of the tensioner! The first pic was when I got the car back from the initial install. The second is when I got it back after the first service of the Supercharger and I had some boost loss. They said the belt was slipping and changed out the serpentine belt and must have moved the tensioner. I would assume that they used whatever belts came with the kit but I may be wrong.
TopgunZ C38R SC // Rotrex // CJM // ID 1340cc // Walbro 525 Hellcat // Ecuteck // 4 Bar Map Sensor // Z1 Oil Cooler // Tial // Prosport JDM // South Bend Stg 3 // ACT // RT Tuning Install and Tune // Motordyne ART // Berk CBE // Michelin PS4S 305/30/19R 265/35/19F
JVerge5363 is offline   Reply With Quote