View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 11:30 AM   #3998 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
That's something FI could easily add during production and ship with plugs for the guys that won't utilize them
They would just need to cast a spot into the manifold. If you want it, you can drill and tap it to add it. For tubular manifolds it is not uncommon to see EGT ports on each runner for tuning purposes. All cylinders are not equal and a EGT gauge on each runner will give the tuner an idea of how much work it is doing so they can balance the cylinders out in the tune. To measure back pressure all that is needed is to weld on bung on for it. I don't see it as something FI would do for so few people that would use it. I would be better off to switch to the CJ motorsports tubular exhaust manifolds. I don't think I am going to go that far. I am about at the end of my road and I am happy with my car. At some point I will draw a line in the sand and say I am done. Did that with my truck too and have enjoyed it for many years.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote