View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #3997 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I wish I would have drilled/tapped the exhaust manifolds so I could check drive pressures on each turbo. I feel like I am flying blind trying to figure out where the turbo's are maxing out and if backpressure is becoming an issue. One mistake in this area can cost me a headgasket. Ideally you want no more than a 1:1 ratio. 30psi of boost/30 psi of drive pressure. This will tell you where the turbo's exhaust side is becoming a restriction. The only problem is this may cause the exhaust manifold to crack unless they were cast with a bung area to install it.
That's something FI could easily add during production and ship with plugs for the guys that won't utilize them
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote