View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 08:20 PM   #500 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I was told getting above 16 psi is getting into the danger zone. Of course there's no magic number. I think a lot has to do with how often you're in that zone. I was making 17 for a couple years but I don't put a lot of miles on my car and I wasn't at peak boost that often. Since I haven't torn apart my blown motor yet, I'm not sure what caused the bottom end failure but I'm pretty sure it would have lifted the heads if the bottom end didn't fail.

What psi was your rotrex build making when it lifted the heads?
22.5psi

There's lots of guys running 16 psi or more. Do the heads lift over time? I wouldn't think so. I'd imagine it's discrete.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 06-19-2021 at 08:23 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote