View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #496 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamarines View Post
Anyone experience near overheating on this kit?

I’ve had it on since November, and started running E85 somewhere in April; makes close to 700whp or more now. I had a run against a new GT500 and beat it uphill, but by the end of the run I was one dot away from overheating and was having a decent amount of white smoke coming out of my hood vents. The run maybe lasted forty-five seconds at full WOT. Car eventually cooled down but I almost thought I had something on fire until I noticed it was just whitish-grey smoke that eventually stopped. When I finally pulled over there was no spilled coolant, car went back to normal, and car has felt fine since.

Did I experience head lift or something? I cant even begin to figure it out; I have no idea if overheating caused the white smoke or what. My knock sensors are on, all safety parameters are set, but car is basically at maximum send with the E85 power tune.

Weirdest part? Car drives fine. It’s had numerous hard pulls and has been pushed a bit. No running or idling issues at all.
What PSI are you making?