View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
rclarkbow
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z Touring 6MT
rclarkbow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
The older paper gaskets are garbage, yes, but the newer metal ones did not entirely fix the issue. That's because the hardware that Nissan (and other kits) use is also part of the problem. Get the EPS Tuning kit with screws that aren't prone to backing out on their own.

I wouldn't wait for symptoms. Chances are you won't see any until it's too late. If you drop the oil pan, you might find some bits of gasket in it if they are starting to fail, but that's not really a convenient check. The biggest issue is the stock oil pressure sensor does not illuminate the dash light until pressure is so low that you have likely already compromised the engine. Probably the best way to get a heads up on gallery gasket failure is to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge so you can identify the oil pressure dropping long before the dash light comes on.
Well...I've learned some things guys lol

I ended up taking the above poster's advice and installing an AEM oil pressure gauge! Woo yay!

Whelp, oil temp 180 degrees, idle with climate controls off....and

15-17 psi, sometimes dipping down to 13-15psi.

Looks like it needed new gaskets after all! More money going into the car for EPS gaskets along with a host of other timing components.

Will probably sum up entire experience in post later.
rclarkbow is offline   Reply With Quote