View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #7573 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Actually that is arguable from what was on the warrant. They are skirting the edges. Not like it was right at all.
Skirting the edges = bc they could. The feds clearly have an interest in making sure that possessors of ill-gotten gains don't wander in or send a straw man in to secure their boxes of said ill-gotten gains.

That being said the case raises a number of interesting legal issues.

Do people own the box itself or just the contents in it? I'm pretty sure you rent the box. An analogy would be the difference between the cops seizing a parking lot where your car is parked (here are my car keys give me my car) and them seizing a lot full of rental cars (we need to know what is yours in the rental so we can return your property to you).

But again. A lot of interesting legal issues. Up there with, for instance, whether the govt can allow people to gather to get their hair cut, but not to pray. Bc pandemic.