View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #7541 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
This should tell the employers one thing. Don't treat the folks that work for you like crap. They are the reason you are successful. With all of the outsourcing, layoffs over the years, etc. Little nuggets of data are being kept private. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. Like Rusty for instance and the power plant he use to work at. New company bought the place and some higher up manager some where caused all kinds of grief for the employees. You reap what you sow.

I deal with this crap all the time. Sometimes I speak up, sometimes I don't.
Absolutely agreed. I really hate outsourcing, I hate layoffs, and at my company we've been fortunate that we've managed to preserve manufacturing here in the US for as long as we have. We just had a 40 year employee retire, and we've got a fair number with 25 - 38 years here. However, we do need to capture their knowledge, because eventually they are going to depart, one way or another.