View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #149 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Hey phunk! I know you got a lot of irons in the fire but you need to get this conversion kit going like yesterday. I got to take a ride with Seb a week ago and all I can say is holy crap. It was phenomenal!!! The shifts were amazingly quick and the acceleration was seamless and powerful all the way through the gears. There is nothing like being pinned to the back of the seat for the whole run through the gears. I was speechless and didn't get any video because I was just so blow away and waiting for the next run. I know there are a few idiosyncrasies that Seb is working out but...come on man, this is a game changer for sure!!!
Thanks for the push! I definitely lost some of my momentum on the project while waiting for final install and testing and then started putting my energy into other places. The other day Seb was starting to ask me about production parts too. So I cleaned off my CAD desk at home and gathered all my files and notes from machining.

I need to spend a few hours and make a new "final edition" CAD file set that takes in the things I changed while machining and test fitting, which fortunately wasn't much. With that made, I am going to hand the files over to a machine shop to produce the adapter.

I decided against machining them in-house. Aside from having my hands full on production, I really didnt have parts of this shape and size in mind when I was purchasing machinery. So its a little cumbersome for me to make anyway. Production will go start to finish much quicker this way than waiting for me.

Once I clean up the CAD, I think I could get finished parts in 6 weeks maybe less.