View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
Yeah, i remember you commented on another thread about the headgasket issues. I'm shooting for 600-650 whp. 93 octane (we don't have e85 where I'm at). Is there any remedies to help? Specific headgasket and/or specific ARP bolts?

My natural choice for compression would be 9:1, but I'm getting mix info about staying 11:1 for quicker spooling or 10:1 as a middle point between 9 and 11. Any input on this? I will most likely go with Z1Motorsports' Stage 1 or stage 2 rebuild kits... unless anyone has any recommendations.

Much appreciated!
For your power you can stay at 11:1 but that will limit you in the future if you want more power. 10:1 is the lowest I would go. Since you are doing pump gas, 10:1 would be your best choice. The rest is up to you. I would recommend you call Mazworx and talk to Mark. Let them assemble the whole long block.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote