View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #618 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Dude, you’re not divorced yet
Mine will soon be going under the knife & after viewing your thread, I’m like
I have tons to do & will ONLY be performing work to Z on weekends
I’ve cleaned empty engine bay once already & planning to do again before bringing in garage...your paint looks nice
Amazing details you’ve covered & I’m sure I’ll be flipping to your pages
Well... I don't have any kids so that gives me a bit of free time; but, you have noticed my build has been SLOW SLOW SLOW. I can chip away at expensive stuff but I can't just go full hog and cut a 20k like some of the other ballers around here.

As for my wife, She is not a fan of the car. She also understands that this is my hobby and this is my personal goal. At the end of the day, she supports me.

Another reason my build is slow... I don't know what I'm doing because I'm not a pro. The engine bay was the first time I painted legitimate car parts. I appreciate the compliment man! I really do. I'll add this, and I'm sure you guys already picked up on it... I HAVE to do the best job I can do. If I don't... it keeps me up at night. In the long run I will end up re-doing something if I don't put full effort into it. So why not try doing it right the first time?

Oh, side note. I figured out where the "lint" came from in the paint. I accidently bumped into the fresh paint with my shirt. I'll try wet sanding it out a bit.

-Edit

One last thought. I'd encourage you to keep a detailed log or posts. It allows you to see and understand what has been done to the car. I'm sure this digital log will be fun to flip through when the car is "done" (is it ever done though?)

Last edited by gbrettin; 01-21-2021 at 10:13 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote