View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
First thanks for taking the time to post all the details of your build and your goals and issues. Most people don't take the time to do that and either get flamed or get bad info.

My recommendations will be to go for the items that have the biggest bang for the buck because of your location and focused on building a good track car that still works on the street but probably won't be a great DD. Your situations is almost exactly like mine, except for the shipping.

First I see Z1 as the Amazon for Nissan Zs, it's one stop shopping but you can almost always get anything they sell there from other places and for less. Zspeed is good too, and don't be afraid to look for things on places like Rockauto too.
I have lots of work to do to find better deals. I'm going to be putting out feelers on the z34 canada facebook for better prices for stuff. Also there appears to be people selling things like SPL cheaper than z1. Z1 is fantastically convenient, but UPS brokerage fees are extortionary. And I need to learn how to declare my own imports to avoid the fees.

I also will likely drive down to the states to buy some of these stages all at once. Avoiding customs, tax and shipping. And I will get a nice road trip.
(I'm thinking stuff like the body kit roll cage from nextlevelperf, could all be installed in the US and I can just drive the car back to ontario, with no one the wiser )