View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
That is one way. There are several ways to get the job done. All have their own pitfalls. The issue with sleeves is getting someone who knows what they are doing and that they have the proper CNC's to get it done. Plus, there are assembly challenges that I haven't talked about. Installing sleeves properly is not easy to do. That is why we have seen many failures when it is done.
I think I would probably only be trusting Mazworks to do it if i do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whjaxn17 View Post
I see you've priced some things. I don't know your financial situation, but going from a supercharger to a turbo is a lot of extra expense and hassle. I'd say pick 1 and run that way.

SOHO now has their 2.5 kit fitting with Z1 headers if you went that route vs the PPE set.
Fast Intentions is THE TT kit on the market. If you want a single, BP or SOHO.

As for cams, Jim Wolf has a C1 and C2 set. I've been running the C2s for a couple years. They really wake the car up on the top end. Jim Wolf Cam testing for the VQ37VHR -- Results inside!

Jun also makes cams for the VHR, but those are your only options.
Well I think there's going to be quite a lot of time in between these things. I really like planning things in stages, so I have plenty of time to adjust and appreciate each level. I want to stay NA for a while. So I'm going to buy NA components, the next stage that works well for me from that would be a super charger. Since I can have that installed in toronto by Whitehead performance.
I can enjoy that for a while while having mazworks build me a darton sleeved block. Then I can sell the super charger, and na exhaust and drive down to MA-motorsports and have them do the new engine + twin turbo.

Going straight to turbo right away, would require me to save up a ton while only making 270whp. I'd rather step it up in stages. Maybe I'll skipp the supercharger entirely, who knows how the NA build will feel to me?

Maybe the engine will blow up on the supercharger + stock block /shrug I want to plan to change as little at a time as possible. Sure that's going to be a hassle when it comes to having to resell things. The money lost is worth the experience IMO