View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #1259 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I can agree with pretty much everything you have stated other than "Everyone was welcome" as America has always struggled with this idea and as diversity grows the more intense it has become. Even those from diverse backgrounds that have been able to find success struggle with being inclusive once they have got theirs. We will not move forward as long as we think that all we need to do is eliminate those that don't believe or think the same way "we do!" If we just get rid of them all will be okay. No where in the history of man has this worked. As the saying goes, "We have found the enemy and the enemy is us!"
This is so true. I needed the Pogo quote for the laugh.

You said it better than I did. Results and ideals are never the same, history shows us that. I think the challenge before us is restoring respectful discussion. I've learned that there are only two things I can control, my attitude and my actions. I have influence over people to the extent that I control those two things.

I want to be a part of the solution and not be considered the problem. I think I've learned how to get along with people, being in the military helped. I've learned how not to treat people and the old saw 'You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar' is entirely true. I've run for public office (Kansas House of Representatives) on 3 occasions, lost all three times, but what I learned was enormous. I had people cuss me out, sic their dogs on me, and threaten to shoot me, just because of the party I represented. But on the other hand, I had people be honestly surprised that a candidate would knock on their door and ask their opinion. TBH, I don't like people so the act of knocking on a stranger's door and asking for them to vote for me was WAY outside my comfort zone.

I highly recommend the experience.