View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 10:38 AM   #1257 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Kansas & Missouri had protests at their respective Capitols by Trump supporters. They were quiet and well-behaved according to LE present.

What I'm more concerned about is what happens after January 20. The media was calling the events yesterday an 'insurrection', but called the summer events 'a peaceful protest'. Every media outlet that I listened to said the exact same thing, blaming it on Trump supporters. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Has anyone ever heard of the term 'agent provocateur'? They are people inserted into a crowd of an opponent's supporters with the sole function to create an environment for mayhem and mischief to occur, thereby enabling the elites to label ALL of the opponent's supporters as troublemakers and rounding them up.

Now, I'm not saying this is what happened, but... given what I know about history and having studied Von Clausewitz and Sun Tzu, it bears considering. What better way to demonize a part of the population that disagrees with you? You call them 'bitter clingers, a basket of deplorables' and then blame them for attacking the Capital (shades of 1930s Germany when the SA burned the Reichstag and Hitler blamed the Communists).

I'm tired of it all. America was founded as a place where we could be free of the petty ******** happening in Europe in the 18th Century. Everyone was welcome to come and find their piece of freedom. Somewhere along the way, we got lost. We got stupid and it's gone downhill ever since. I believe Benjamin Franklin once said when queried about what they had created, "A Republic, if you can keep it." Can we save our Republic? Maybe. How? I have no idea, and that thought makes me profoundly sad.
I can agree with pretty much everything you have stated other than "Everyone was welcome" as America has always struggled with this idea and as diversity grows the more intense it has become. Even those from diverse backgrounds that have been able to find success struggle with being inclusive once they have got theirs. We will not move forward as long as we think that all we need to do is eliminate those that don't believe or think the same way "we do!" If we just get rid of them all will be okay. No where in the history of man has this worked. As the saying goes, "We have found the enemy and the enemy is us!"
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|