View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #6165 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

Let's not be blind to the fact that the push for autonomous and electric vehicles is not pursuant to greater safety or less environmental impact. This is only about the almighty dollar. Those other arguments are simply mechanisms for convincing consumers the change necessary so corporations can push policy changes. Consumers are already bad enough about letting their freedoms get taken away, so there's not a lot of hope for the long term. My only hope is that the logistics of a full transition to electric and autonomous vehicles is complicated enough that it happens after my lifetime (I think I'm good ).
Well said.

Reminds me of the Plastic Industries push for the use of plastic instead of paper, glass etc.. They convinced everyone of the positives of plastic and it was the plastic industry that invented "recycling".

As we have learned now, MANY plastic are NOT recyclable. Not to mention toxic.

ZZ
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote