View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
I like the sound of that. How does the Wavetrac hold up on the track? I don't expect it to outperform the OS but if it's better than the stock diff and I don't have to be underneath my car to maintain it every now and again, that's a plus for me.
From my reading:

The OEM vlsd becomes useless when the viscous fluid (of a sealed unit within the diff housing, viscous fluid can’t be changed) gets overheated, eventually degrade Vlsd to an open diff with no recourse. At that point, only option is to put new VLSD in or do aftermarket diff.

Rusty has a diff cooler setup and can monitor diff fluid temp, he noted elevated diff fluid temperature from even just regular driving. Its reasonable to think the fluid temperature in the outer core highly translate to the inner core as well.

In other words, it’s inevitable.