View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
So after my son was born in January, every project I had on my Z has been put on hold for a little bit over a year.

Now I'm back and I bought SPL solid diff bushings which I'm letting a shop do since it looks complicated online and I already switched out the brake fluid for Motul 600.

I am also upgrading from the stock Sport brakes to a street setup and a track setup (along with the tires).

Just wanted your opinions and if anyone has experience with any of these products I mentioned (SPL Solid Bushings, Stoptech Drilled and slotted+pad combo, Endless Mx72 Pads and DBA Rotors).

For my street setup, I have Continental Extreme Contact Sport Plus tires, Stoptech Select Sport Brake Rotor And Pad Kit, Drilled And Slotted combo.

For my track setup, I have Toyo R888r tires, 2 piece DBA rotors and Mx72 Endless Brake Pads.

What are your opinions on the street and track setups? I know there are no one size fits all tire, brake and rotor combos which is why I split in between the two. I heard and seen cars with pretty aggressive pads and rotors on the street and it makes me grind my teeth and the dust is annoying. On the track, it doesn't matter to me at all because no one is staring at me in a grocery store parking lot wondering why a cool looking newer car is broken.

I won't be changing the stock differential just because of the noise of most aftermarket ones. I know an aftermarket one will help me on the track but changing pads and tires takes 30 minutes. the differentials does not.
The only thing I'm going to comment on is the differential. I run an OS Giken and it doesn't make any noise.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote