View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #61 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Yeah & with the potential power output; don’t think I’m gonna need a lotta gears in trans
Plan is to go with a known trans. that can spin the R’s & handle the power
Errthing points at a built TH400/4L80E, manual valve bodies...the newer GM trannies can’t spin up & the cars weight/power level isn’t suitable for a Glide
Hopefully the 7 will live for a while before that decision will come
I’m gonna make a suggestion, buy once, cry once. If you are very sure you need a built TH400 to reliably hold and put that power down, (I’m assuming 1/4 mile drag racing), then don’t d1ck around spending trans money twice building a 7at that’ll fail anyway, sh1t, just give me that $$ instead, it’ll be put to better use. Level 10 trans upgrades aren’t cheap and if that’s not gonna cut it, then why bother, you can sell your 7at and recoup some cost... or keep it in case you go back to stock

Okay, maybe not that last one.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote