View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
The battery I pointed out is the stock replacement battery. It's not a deep cycle battery. A deep cycle battery is designed for long drains and long recharges. Look at a golf cart. Short cycling will kill a deep cycle battery. On my Power Wagon. I replaced the 160 amp alternator with a 270 amp alternator, changed the cables to 00 size cables, and the battery is an Odyssey battery. All because of the 15,000 lb winch.

I just replaced 4 deep cycle batteries on my motorhome. That $800. They only lasted 4 yrs.
Yeah, I didn’t google which odesssy you listed. What you mentioned above is why I brought up the deep cycle battery stuff, OP mentioned an optima yellow top, those afaik, are all deep cycle agm batteries, the red tops are regular duty agms.

I need to do what you did on your power wagon to my jk, sigh, just empty every pocket...
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote