View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
ZPWR
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Sport
ZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond reputeZPWR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to revive a dead thread. But did any of the suggestions above fix the issue? This is the closest I can find that relates to what I'm experiencing going off from a stop in 1st gear. It seems pronounced when the car is fully warmed up at optimum oil temp and you're about to let the clutch bite into gear while just reaching above 1k revs and all of a sudden it just hangs and bogs down when engaged, while taking atleast 2 seconds to respond to acceleration when you put the foot down almost all the way.

I do have a small fix - If you first rev up around 2000 RPMs and hold it while the clutch is fully depressed and slowly engage it, it will get going normally. But I don't like this because it slips the clutch more than I'd like.

Interestingly the car accelerates fine once you're off. I get my full power & torque bands from 3k up to 7km revs but it does feel sluggish compared to when I first owned it which was about 6 months before this issue popped up for the first time. I've had this problem for a while now and have neglected it thinking it was just a minor thing that would fix itself through the ECU. But sadly it has lingered and has gotten a little worse overtime.

If it helps I've got 49390K on the odometer.

Here's some helpful info that may help:

Short trim fuel bank #2 was like over 12% positive at one point (a really hot day)
But reads normally around 0-2% after cold start.

If the source of the issue is a vacuum leak, which components should I look at? Should I also look for any exhaust gas leaks if that also causes more power loss in the low rpm bands?

Hopefully someone can shed more light into this issue. It's a weird one for sure. Also going to read up on what this heat soak problem is. Sounds worry-some.

Last edited by ZPWR; 11-14-2020 at 04:54 AM.
ZPWR is offline   Reply With Quote