View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

I dont think the block is anything to worry about on a 150 shot. I'd be more worried about the bottom end, myself. That may potentially be a lot of stress to put on the stock, un-forged bottom end. LS1's can easily do a 150 shot, but a staged setup is better (starting at, say, 75, bumping up to a 150 after a certain RPM) to reduce the shock on the bottom end. I think a 150 shot would be a LOT to subject this motor to in stock form, and potentially dangerous until its been proven it MIGHT be able to handle it.

I guess the long and short is, I wouldn't run more than a 75 on stock tune, and no more than a 100 tuned until you start hearing stories about people blowing their bottom end due to stupidity. ESPECIALLY a dry shot, too - who knows how this fuel system will handle it, particularly with direct injection...
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote