View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:12 PM   #3845 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxxx View Post
Wow... That's a nice set up... that looks similar to what I have... what's that ... a 2x6 on a 12' span? I like the casters you put on so it can easily be moved around.

I went overboard on mine. I'm using a 2x12 on an 8' span w/ 2x8 braces every 12" underneath w/ a 1.5" table top. I put my 2nd shelf about a foot off the ground. You thinking about moving your shelf down any since you raised it some?
Yes sir! 2x6 on 12". Salvaged it from a house the fam bought for a rental. It's about 40 years old and no sag in the 2x6s. Casters from Amazon and thank God for them. It's so easy to roll out into the driveway and work there. And they retract so you can have a stable work surface if you need it.

I think I'll leave the shelf where it is as the Dewalt shopvac now fits under the table, which is a huge space saver.

Your table sounds excellent. There's no such thing as going overboard on a workbench; you never know when JC is gonna stop by and decide he needs a nap...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BettyZ; 10-29-2020 at 08:16 PM.