View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
THIRSTINMORE
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z M6
THIRSTINMORE is on a distinguished road
Default P0340 along with C1109

Good day guys,
I've definitely searched through here regarding the P0340 code. Almost all threads are about a car not starting anymore but this is not what is happening with mine. My car runs pretty smoothly and i have no engine codes and nothing to complain about. I'm tuned with ECUTEK and have pretty basic stock mods. post maf tubes, ported upper and lowers, z1 tps, nismo exhaust with muffler delete. Now what I'm looking for is some guidance in the right direction. Like i said my car runs pretty smoothly but i do come across the above DTC when my car goes into limp mode. Now from what i understand is that oil temp can play a role in taking the car into limp mode and thus i have plans to get myself an oil cooler. BUT here is where I'm unsure. These codes come up only when i drive the car hard and the temps rise past 240. Normally I'm able to do a few aggressive runs without going into limp mode and normally if i hit the rev limiter 2-3 times it will more than definitely go into limp mode. Now once in limp mode if i let the car cool off with the engine off the car will drive normally on the next start up, no need to clear any codes as no CEL/SES come on but i always scan the car afterwards to see what the computer is reading and these codes do consistently come up. My fear throughout this is purchasing an oil cooler and still experiencing this issue. Based on what I'm describing, I'm trying to get some reassurance that more than likely the issue is coming from oil temps and nothing else or if this is not normal and i should definitely go down the rabbit hole for this p0340 c1109 dilemma. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you all and have great days.

DTCs report - 2020-10-06 17-23-34.txt
THIRSTINMORE is offline   Reply With Quote